Sunday, April 1, 2012

For the Love of the VW Beetle. Not a typical post

I have always loved VW Beetles.  I had a friend who had a volksy bug convertible when I was a teen. I loved that car. 
So ok, no this blog is not about a brooch.  It is about a beautiful car.  A car that has come around again in vogue to drive proudly. 
There is nothing like a vintage VW Bug though.
I'd love to have a gold bug. 
It would be so well, golden

A Classic VW Beetle done in a nice vintage golden color with BEAUTIFUL fat whitewalls



We could take this desire a bit further
.
We could well adorn our VW Beetle with actually 24k Plated golden scrolling.
This piece of art was created by a metal art shop called Verbanus.  If we have a bit of metal working skill, lots of 24k gold plate and 2500 extra hours to fiddle, this could  be our next art project. Oh yes, dont forget the vintage VW Bug base.


I could really rock and roll in this dream car
 A creative builder has taken the love of the VW Beetle to a higher notch.

VW Shaped Home
I wonder if they have a VW Bug in their garage?


 I like the ring below. 
I could not afford it as shown, as it is crafted in gold and saphires. 
Sterling would work for me.


VW Beetle Ring Gold and Saphires

Obviously, the VW Beetle has touched the heart of many over the years. Below is a cute VW Bug sterling charm with spinning wheels



Vintage Sterling VW Beetle Charm


I have not posted since before last Sunday.  As I was making this blog post, I got a call that my mother had another stroke.  Needless to say, I dropped the computer and rushed with my dear husband to the hospital.
 She is so precious to me. 
We are blessed, as she is doing well.

Please keep us in your prayers.
Much is going on in our lives now
. I believe we will come through this stronger, only through God's grace.

Happy Sunday.

xxoo Lisa



1 comment:

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you love. Say hi and let's get to know each other.