Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Italian Micro Mosaic

One of the first brooches I have owned is this Italian Micro Mosaic.

  I obtained it from an estate sale I was doing for a friend. 

I remember sale so vividly, and we had TONS of Beautifully Glitzy Vintage Costume Jewelry at the sale, but then it was not my cuppa tea.  I  remember the women shoppers rushing  to that display table full of shimmering aurora borealis and rhinestones.

 If I had the costume jewelry bug back then, my collection would be significantly larger. I would have bought it all up before the sale began!

Micromosaic jewelry is like a painting done in glass. The smaller the glass, typically, the older the piece.


The brooch measures is about 2" in diameter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you love. Say hi and let's get to know each other.