Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Mystery Brooch-Can you identify it?

I got this brooch years ago. It is one that remains a total mystery to me. It is also one of my very favorites, partly because I can find no solid information on it no matter where I research. 
I call it my Tin Man Brooch.
The face is a separate piece from the green hat.  The head is pot metal; a mixture of whatever metals were available to work with melted together. I do not know what material the hat is. I do know that it does not feel like lucite or bakelite. It measures a little over an inch tall and is adorned with rhinestones.
Be forewarned.

 I will continue to post this pin on the blog until (I hope) someone truly identifies this piece.

I thought I had found a great forum ( www.iantiqueonline.com ) that may have been able to help me research this.  I was kicked off the forum, within days of joining, and my IP address has been blocked because the co-founder/editor wanted my profile Icon (my picture) removed.

From the co-founder editor's email to me:

C. Dianne Zweig Editor's Desk has sent you a message on I Antique Online

Subject: Profile photos

------------
Lisa,

 I would like to suggest that you change your profile photo. While attractive and artsy, it may invite unwanted members to the site.
http://iantiqueonline.ning.com/page/photos-and-videos


The picture of me that "may invite unwanted members to their website".

I went so far as to email her, her other co founder, and called a business phone number of one of them in attempts to find out why my picture would draw unwanted members.

Anyhow, I never received an answer, they removed my picture, and then removed me.

So, I welcome any ideas, or information on this Tin Man Brooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you love. Say hi and let's get to know each other.