Monday, March 5, 2012

Unite We Stand Brooch. Remember 9-11-2001


Today's brooch is NOT vintage but it is part of my collection and I wanted to showcase it.


I obtaining Monet's United We Stand Brooch  about five years after 9-11-2001.
Monet made two versions of a flag brooches with all proceeds going to the Red Cross. 
It seems hard to believe over tens years have passed since the day that our country changed forever.  
The brooch is over 2" long. The piece is enameled and gold tone with bright rhinestones as stars and white stripes. The flag pole is capped with a spread winged eagle and has tassels flowing down the sides. 


The back of the brooch is marked with
"UNITED WE STAND REMEMBER 9-11-2001"
Monet





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you love. Say hi and let's get to know each other.