Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vintage Porcelain Hand Painted Violet Brooch. Spring is Coming!

Spring is around the corner and when I opened my jewelry chest this morning my violet brooch was the piece I was drawn to.

The sky is showing a bit of sun although there is still a bit of snow on the ground.

I remember as a child picking bunches of voilets for my Mom.  They grew wildly on the hill across from our house. 

I still love violets. Its almost time for them to begin their spring awakening.


This brooch is made of  porcelain and measures 1.5" x 1.25". It is  hand painted. 
This technique used to make this brooch began well over 100 years ago.and was  most often done in flowers, but can be found done in landscapes and portraits.  They were sometimes called friendship brooches as they were given with love to friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you love. Say hi and let's get to know each other.